Here at Alternative Body Works, we massage pregnant women with coconut oil because it has so many positive effects and it is perfectly safe to use on pregnant women, plus every body else. Nine times out of ten if it is safe for a pregnant mumma, it is safe for you! In fact, our massage team has put together a list of ten reasons why coconut oil is perfect for you and your skin, and a couple of them involve your stomach too.
1. Supports Healthy Skin – It is hydrating to the skin, improves elasticity and prevents stretch marks
2. It is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, essential nutrients for a healthy body.
3. Helps with Weight Loss, particularly around the abdomen, and prevents Type 2 Diabetes by improving insulin sensitivity. Coconut Oil contains Medium Chain Fatty Acids which do not get stored as fat, but go straight to the liver where they are used up as an energy source!
4. Our premium grade Coconut Oil contains the highest sources of Lauric Acid, which has antifungal, antimicrobial, anti-protozoal and anti-viral properties – essential to support the immune system and fight infection!
5. Stimulates the metabolism, giving increased energy, endurance and reduced fatigue!
6. Improves digestive function: can be beneficial in alleviating symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and kills stomach bugs that cause digestive upset, such as candida.
7. Reduces Cholesterol, protecting against Cardiovascular Disease
8. Great for the Baby! Non-toxic, Soothing for rashes on the skin, and has been found to be useful in helping bring down fever and support baby’s immune system
9. Our coconut oil is all natural: 100% Organic, gluten free, raw, vegan, Halal, unbleached, unrefined, non GMO, Hexane free (a toxic petrochemical solvent often used in soy food products), cold pressed extra virgin oil.
10. Great for cooking: With its high smoke point, Coconut Oil is the healthy oil to use in baking and stir-frying!
Be sure to let us know you’d like coconut oil when you book your massage, then we’ll know we’re dealing with someone who is deeply aware of their health, their skin and their body.
And if you really enjoy your coconut oil massage, we always keep some available for our valued clients.