Ear Candling is an ancient “Hopi” Indian ritual used for centuries. Modern therapists have been successfully using this technique for decades.
The ear candles themselves are made from cotton, bees wax, honey extract and Indian herbs. The therapist lights the top of the candle to draw up any deep wax from the ear.
At Alternative Body Works, we include with this treatment, a face massage, head, neck and shoulder massage for a deep relaxation and reenergising of mind, body and soul.
Who should have the treatment?
As long as you do not have any contraindications then the treatment is a relaxing experience for all, however it may be especially useful for the following conditions:
- Migraines and headaches
- Excessive or compacted ear wax
- Loss or reduction of smell
Is there any reason why I can’t have the treatment?
There are various contraindications to the treatment and if you are unsure as to whether you should have the treatment you should speak to your GP first.
The contraindications are as follows and should be checked before treatment:
- Allergies to any of the candle’s ingredients
- Perforated ear drum in the last 6 months
- Grommet fitted in the ear drum, or if the grommet has fallen out in the last 6 months
- If the client is under specific medical supervision
- Recent severe dental work
- Fever or infection
- Skin condition in or around the ear (eczema, psoriasis)
- Cochlear implant or hearing aid in position
- If a mastoidectomy has taken place
- Not suitable for children under the age of 3
So if you’ve been burning the candle at both ends lately, please call us today on 08 8941 0810.
Your mind, body and soul will thank you for it!